Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name The Kinkaid School as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and Kinkaid over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left Kinkaid a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because Kinkaid is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Lisa Wood at 713-243-5023 or email@example.com for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Kinkaid with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Kinkaid in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: The Kinkaid School
Address: Houston, TX
Federal Tax ID Number: 76-0295523
Margaret Hunter Kinkaid Society
The Margaret Hunter Kinkaid Society was founded in 1997 to preserve Kinkaid's future. It was established in honor of Kinkaid's founder and first head of school. The Society recognizes and thanks those who have created provisions in their wills or estate plans to benefit Kinkaid and have informed the School of their commitments.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.